Know The Different Kinds Of Cleaning Solutions
- Acidic solutions – These solutions have a pH of 5.0 or lower. Formulated for removing lime deposits, scale, rust, and mineral from ferrous metals, you can use these for washing metal objects. However, acidic solutions are not for machines that are susceptible to corrosion. If your ultrasonic cleaner tank is not protected, do not use acidic solutions.
- Alkaline solutions – This type of ultrasonic cleaning solution often has a pH of 10 or more. You can use it for cleaning tin, brass, zinc, copper, stainless steel, cast iron, and steel. This means it’s a good option for washing jewellery. In addition, you can also use the ultrasonic cleaner solution to clean plastic materials, some ceramics, and glass.
- Enzymatic solutions – The enzymatic solutions are mostly used in the food and medical industries. They are formulated to remove protein-based contaminants from plastics, glass, aluminum, brass, titanium, and stainless steel.
- High caustic solutions – If you have already used the moderate alkaline ultrasonic cleaning solution, and it doesn’t work, you can next opt for the high caustic solutions. The high caustic solutions work well at removing heavy waxes, oils, and grease from steel, cast iron, and stainless steel.
- Neutral solutions – You can use these solutions to remove pigments, grease, dust, and other organic compounds from rubbers, metals, glass, and plastic. They also work well with jewellery, precious metals, and ceramics.
- De-ionized water – This ultrasonic cleaner solution can be used on any material safely. De-ionized water works well on rubber, plastics, glass, fabrics, and metals.
Cleaning Your Ultrasonic:
- Ultrasonic cleaning solutions eventually need to be replaced as cleaning time extends and results become unsatisfactory. At this time the tank should be drained.
- Before adding a fresh cleaning solution the tank should be thoroughly rinsed. Do not dry the surface with towels, which may leave residues that contaminate fresh solutions.
- NEVER use scouring media on a cleaning tank for any reason.
- Contaminants that rise to the surface of the cleaning solution should be skimmed off and set aside for proper disposal.
- Ammonia sonic cleaner is suitable as an Ultrasonic cleaner solution ( be mindful of the steel tank of your sonic and not damaging the tank), Dilute 50ml per 1000ml water.