The new PUK 5.1 – developed for goldsmiths
The new PUK masters the welding of accessories, applying metal, fastening work, welding eyelets, sealing pores, generating seams, welding precious metals incl. silver as well as copper and bronze and all alloys suitable for welding, even material thicknesses of less than 0.2 mm.
THE ORIGINAL PUK FINE WELDING SYSTEM
- Superior welding characteristics
- Consistently reproducible and high quality welding results on all materials suitable for welding
- Simple and intuitive to operate
- Precise positioning of the welding points
- Very low, controllable development of heat
- Welding of even the thinnest materials
- Makes for easier and faster repairs and soldering
- Precise welding under the welding microscope
- Maintenance-free technology
- Low procurement costs, extremely good price/performance ratio
- Compact size – fits into every workshop
- Very low costs of consumer materials
- Low argon consumption
COMPACT AND VERSATILE TIG IMPULSE WELDING DEVICE
that is very close to laser welding in terms of working method and range of applications. On workpieces with a thickness of 0.2 mm or greater, it is an effortless process to produce robust welds.
The PUK 5.1 precision welding equipment puts a whole host of possible applications for jewellery production at your fingertips. Structures made from sheet or wire elements can be just as easily done as tack welds and repairs to jewellery parts, restoring missing parts or filling of pores by applying welding wire – and many more options, the PUK 5.1 is able to produce anything from the smallest of repairs to volume production, and even the most extraordinary of new creations.
FOR DAILY USE PUK’S OPERATING PRINCIPLE IS AS SIMPLE AS IT IS INGENIOUS
As soon as the tip of the electrode of the welding hand piece touches the work piece, the welding process starts automatically. At the contact point, under an inert gas atmosphere, a melting process with a diameter of between 0.3 and 3.0 mm takes place (depending on material and setting).
In addition to many precious metal alloys such as gold, silver and platinum, many non-ferrous metals such as copper and tin alloys, many steels, titanium and aluminium alloys are suitable for welding. All alloys suitable for laser or TIG welding can also be welded with the PUK 5.1.
YOU WILL LOVE THE PUK!
Facts that speak for themselves:
- Intuitive to operate
- Thanks to intelligent pre-settings, only 2 operating steps are necessary. Select metal group and work situation > weld!
- Precision hand piece for precision welds
- Solid quality and the best materials such as stainless steel and Teflon are prerequisites for precision in manufacturing and reliability in application
- Handling the components: Sophisticated details simplify handling.
- Premium plug connections
- Professional screw and plug connections provide long service life and permanent safety in daily use
- Ergonomic work: Individually set work position and comfortable hand rests for fatigue-free work.
- Practical and fast: Plug-in nozzles and nuts allow you to quickly change electrodes without tools.
- Premium craftsmanship in every detail
- Dust-proof housing without a ventilator and means it’s quiet and long-lasting.
The operating concept of the PUK 5.1 combines the advantages of a modern touchscreen with the tried-and-true operation via a rotary controller. Thus the intuitive and safe setting of the device is guaranteed at all times.
Correctly set the device in two steps:
- 1. Select metal group
- 2. Select welding situation> weld!
- Power and welding time can be adjusted “blindly” according to individual need.
- You can continue to concentrate on the work piece.
Recommended setting range:
- A blue bar indicates the setting range recommended by our goldsmiths.
The “red” range:
- The red lines on the display warn you that you are outside of the sensible time or power range for the metal and welding situation selected.
The patent-pending system for welding process monitoring
· New software for contact monitoring of the hand piece
· Prevention of welding errors through interruption of weld if excessive pressure is applied to the electrode
· Increase in service life of electrode tip
· Prevention of tungsten inclusions on sensitive surfaces or on work pieces and materials that still require further processing
· Improvement in the overall weld quality through more uniform processing
· Error prevention in the handling: Increase in process reliability and more consistent quality for larger quantities
· Learning function: More rapid and simpler learning of correct welding procedure, especially for beginners
Faster progress to better results – “blind operation” with single-handed operation. Concentration remains focused on the work piece.
Even higher-performance LED lighting in our new premium welding microscopes. More uniform illumination of the working area – more flexible use of the microscope. These microscopes can also be used as fully equipped workplace microscopes – not just for welding.
Setting of parameters for “Power”, “Time” and menu navigation with one single rotary controller.
Individual device set-up using the settings menu, e.g. pre selection of welding cycle, calling operating levels up on screen and hiding them again, e.g. program memory, expert level, tack welding …
Extremely simple touchscreen operation. Now with slide function!
Pre selection of two different welding cycles
The application range of the PUK 5.1 is further expanded with material thickness down to less than 0.2 mm allowing the welding of wires and sheets with even greater control.
Shorter repetition rates and serial pulses enable a continuous workflow. With this setting, the PUK offers the opportunity to shape the added material as desired and to significantly improve the welding characteristics of highly thermally conductive materials such as silver, copper and bronze.
NEW: EXPANDED SELECTION OF METALS
Optimized welding parameters for copper and bronze. The PUK takes over full control despite the high thermal conductivity.
Informative help windows support the intuitive operation
- If you touch a button on the display for a longer period of time (approximately 2 seconds), a help window pops up in which the basic functions of the button are explained.
- Then touch the help window briefly to switch back to the operating menu.
For temporarily fixing metal parts
- Using this process, two metal parts are bonded together at their contact point using resistance welding.
- The parts can be “stuck” together so that they can then be finally attached using PUK welding or so that they can then be soldered.
- The tack welding function is particularly well suited to processing metals with low electrical conductance. For example, steels, titanium, etc.
- Optimized “settings” menu
- Simplified menu navigation with one single rotary controller
- (De-)activation of the expert menu with 15 different welding curves
- (De-)activation of the program memory with 20 custom programs
- (De-)activation of the tack welding function
- (De-)activation of the micro menu
- The selection of basic functions such as lighting, welding sequence, choice of language or acoustic welding signal.
- Opening the gas valve for adjusting the gas flow to the correct amount required
AUTOMATIC OPERATION OR FOOT SWITCH
Using the foot switch can make work safer and easier when working on difficult workpiece constructions.
- Activate the foot switch by pressing it down for 3 seconds. The automatic function of the PUK is then deactivated.
- The white symbol top right on the display signals that foot switch operation is activated.
- Welding is then only triggered when you press the foot switch.
Full range of welding wires, grinding wheels, electrodes, other scopes & optical units available on request, for technical queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cape Watch are the ONLY TRAINED specialists for this machine. After sale service , spare parts and training are always available.
We can also arrange a demonstration at our premises. Cost includes initial training as well as support. After sales service is offered locally by Cape Watch to ensure buyers confidence. All training is at our premises or if required by SKYPE.
Various other models available with different power ranges & features. (Dental D5 & C140 https://www.jewelry-welding.com/ )
PLEASE NOTE for Gauteng based customers- we do have a demo agent should you require assistance. They are also able to help with any Trade PUK repairs.
Mr Victor Magnes – Jewellery Connection