For faceted stones, either loose or mounted. Designed for portability. 9V battery. Measures the quality and quantity of light reflected through the stone. It a light and portable instrument that instant identifies diamonds, moissonites and gemstones based on their optical properties.
Desktop digital tester that uses refractive index to quickly separate gemstones, diamonds, moissanites and other diamond simulants.
By measuring the quantity of light reflected through the stone, the Presidium Refractive Index Meter II (PRIM II) is able to separate diamonds, moissanites and other colored gemstones via the Refractive Index (R.I) of these polished gemstones.
Unlike a traditional refractometer that has a limited range of R.I measurements and thus cannot be easily used to measure R.I of certain gemstones, the PRIM II is able to measure a wider range of R.I value from 1.000 to ~3.000, therefore covering the commonly known gemstones in the market and can also measure RI of diamonds, moissanites and other diamond simulants such as high zircon, strontium titanite, etc.
In addition, a fast and clean test can be easily done with the PRIM II, without the inconvenience and messiness of R.I liquid used in the traditional refractometer.
The PRIM II also comes bundled with a CD featuring new software that provides a database of more than 50 gemstones with their various properties and possible origins, and a program that enables the user to enter known properties of the gemstone such as color, S.G. value, hardness, etc to ascertain what possible gemstone it is from the database information.
- Pinhole-sized light reflectivity measure on wide oval platform
- Cover cup with blackout interior to ensure light reflectivity measure is accurate
- Instantly displays direct R.I reading on digital index LED display panel
- In-built Refractive Chart for referencing diamonds and simulants above R.I reading of 1.8
- In-built 8-piece gemstone holder
- Pocket-sized Refractive Index Chart pull-out with R.I readings for 55 stones
- PRIM II complementary software to help users find out the possible colored gemstone using data on various gemstone properties
- Gemstone Dictionary in software with 57 gemstones’ properties (R.I, Color, Hardness, S.G. Value), country of origin and related information
- USB port for alternative power source and connectivity
- Estimates diamonds, moissanites and gemstones’ R.I instantly, thereby allowing identification of possible stones
- Able to test wide range of R.I values from 1.000 – 3.000, more than traditional refractometer
- No need for messy R.I liquids
- Tests on transparent gemstones, with flat polished surfaces
- Continual elimination of possible gemstones via software program through input of known values such as R.I, color, hardness and S.G.
- Ideal for separation of gemstones
- Clear and visible display for ease of reading results
- No waiting time between tests
- Simple and easy to use
- Light and compact tester
- Runs on batteries or with recommended Presidium AC adaptor
Testers have been subjected to thorough and extensive laboratory tests, and will generally give a clear and reliable reading of the stone, gemstone, gold or diamonds being tested under proper use. However, you are advised to conduct further supporting tests.. Cape Watch Tools & Jewellery supplies shall not be responsible for any damage or loss resulting from the use of testers or handbook, and under no circumstances shall we or its manufacturer or any of its subsidiaries, licensors, distributors, reseller, servant and/or agent be liable for any direct or indirect damages, resulting from the use of this tester.