No products in the cart.
Presidium is also used world wide by various retailers and diamond dealers.
Convenient all-in-one handheld instrument that instantly separates diamonds from moissanites and other diamond simulants, based on their thermal and electrical properties.
The Presidium Multi Tester III (PMuT III) is the all-in-one instrument that reliably and accurately verifies the authenticity of colorless diamonds against moissanites and other diamond simulants such as colorless sapphire, colorless spinel, cubic zirconia, zircon, etc. Showcasing a new ergonomic design with a rubberized anti-slip grip and an all-around display for easy readability, PMuT III promises greater ease of handling and reading of results whilst testing.
Presidium’s Multi Tester was the world’s first tester that tests for both colorless diamonds and moissanites in a single instrument. Its measuring probes and electronics circuitry detect data from the gemstone being tested via a customized micro-controller, identifying colorless diamonds and moissanites based on their thermal and electrical properties.
PMuT III has a retractable probe tip that ensures consistent pressure against the gemstone during testing for more reliable results. With the industry’s thinnest probe tip size of 0.6mm, the PMuT III tests colorless diamonds as small as 0.02ct.
- Retractable thermoelectric probe tip that ensures constant pressure between probe and gemstone
- Industry’s thinnest probe tip (0.6mm) for testing gemstones as small as 0.02ct
- Metal alert buzzer to ensure that probe tip is in contact with gemstone during testing
- Ergonomic design with rubberized anti-slip grip for better handling during testing
- 180-degree multi-viewing LED display
- Catered to both left-handed and right-handed users alike
- International voltage compatibility
- Low batter indicator
- Automatic power off
- Identifies metals, simulants, moissanites, and colorless diamonds instantly
- Enhanced accuracy and consistency with improved functionality and usability
- Accurate testing on diamonds as small as 0.02ct
- Enhanced functionality and usability
- Clear and visible display for ease of reading measurements
- No waiting time between tests
- Simple and easy to use
- Light and portable for convenience
- Comes with protective carrying case
Tests all rings set in 9k to18k white or yellow gold or platinum with different bezel settings, brilliant cuts, emerald cuts, cubic zirconias, culet cuts, in all carat weights, clarity, colorless diamonds.
Power & Battery
3 x AAA alkaline batteries (approximately 7 hours of continuous use) Use a high quality battery for accurate results.
AC port to be used with appropriate Presidium Power Adapter (not included)
Recommended Operating Conditions
Optimal Operating Temperature: 18°C – 27°C (65°F – 80°F)
Storage Temperature: 10°C – 51°C (50°F – 124°F)
Dimensions & Weight
Weight (without batteries): 97grams (3.42 oz
Refer to Rapaport for pricing of diamonds. Other diamonds include marquise diamonds, round brilliants, synthetic diamonds, moissanite stones, untreated type I and type II diamonds.
Also use our M0052 10X standard jewellers loupe for best magnification.
Stones vary from different hardnesses on the mohs hardness scale, colour enhanced diamonds, heat treated stones, HPHT treated stones, stones with inclusions, irradiated diamonds, fancy diamonds, flawless diamonds, flourescence diamonds, fracture filled diamonds the Presidium is your added insurance to assist in positive stone identification.
Testers have been subjected to thorough and extensive laboratory tests, and will generally give a clear and reliable reading of the stone, gemstone, gold or diamonds being tested under proper use. However, you are advised to conduct further supporting tests.. Cape Watch Tools & Jewellery Supplies shall not be responsible for any damage or loss resulting from the use of testers or handbook, and under no circumstances shall we or its manufacturer or any of its subsidiaries, licensors, distributors, reseller, servant and/or agent be liable for any direct or indirect damages, resulting from the use of this tester. Dealing in diamonds and gemstones requires a minimum qualification of which attainable though various appointed institutions ( http://www.gemlab.co.za/courses/)