Presidium Gem Indicator (PGI)
The G0101 handheld tester in the industry specifically for colored gemstones.
The Presidium Gem Indicator is the only handheld tester in the industry specifically for colored gemstones. It indicates up to 31 different types of colored gems based on their
thermal conductivity and even features a color input function that allows users to select
from a range of 12 common colors, thereby achieving more accurate results. With an
easy-to-read clear digital LED screen, this smart thermal tester also comes with the
Presidium patented refined changeable probe tip, which ensures minimal equipment
The Presidium Gem Indicator is an enhanced and more convenient handheld version
of the Presidium Gem Tester/Colored Stone Estimator. It distinguishes
between diamonds and other colored gemstones using thermal conductivity.
The Presidium Gem Indicator probe consists of two linked thermometers; one which
is heated electronically, while the other is cooled by the gemstone being tested.
The difference in temperature creates an electrical output, which is then amplified
and displayed on the new digital LED display.
It is simple to use, easy to maintain and quick in giving you intelligent results about
your colored gemstones.
- Differentiates between diamonds and other colored gemstones
- Tests up to 31 different types of gemstones
- Color separation function of 12 colors with user input, to improve accuracy
- Industry’s thinnest probe tip (0.45mm) for testing gemstones from 0.2ct
- Retractable thermoelectric tip that maintains constant pressure against gemstone
- Patented refined changeable probe tip
- Metal buzzer alert and low battery indicator
- Internal library database function of gemstones and their colors
- Requires just 3 AAA Batteries
- USB connection to PC for more value-added functions
Power and Battery
- 3 x AAA batteries (approximately 3 hours of continuous operation)
- Presidium Universal Adaptor (optional item can be bought from Presidium)
- Operating temperature: 23°C- 27°C (73°F- 80°F)
- Dimension: 170 x 28 x 30.5mm (6.7 x 1.1 x 1.2in)
- Weight: 85g
- Power: 3 x AAA batteries or AC adaptor (optional item provided by Presidium)
- Battery Life: Up to 3 hours of continuous use based on alkaline batteries
- Standby Time: 10 min from the last measurement
- Operating temperature: 23°C-27°C (73°F-80°F)
- Presidium Gem Indicator
- Calibration Disk (Disk 1 & Disk 2)
- USB cable
- Warranty card
- Protective carrying case
- Calibration Disk
- Presidium Universal Adaptor
COLOUR CHART INDICATOR: (click on link below)
Testers have been subjected to thorough and extensive laboratory tests, and will generally give a clear and reliable reading of the stone, gemstone, gold or diamonds being tested under proper use.
However, you are advised to conduct further supporting tests.. Cape Watch Tools & Jewellery Supplies shall not be responsible for any damage or loss resulting from the use of testers or handbook, and under no circumstances shall we or its manufacturer or any of its subsidiaries, licensors, distributors, reseller, servant and/or agent be liable for any direct or indirect damages, resulting from the use of this tester.
Dealing in diamonds and gemstones requires a minimum qualification attainable though various appointed institutions ( http://www.gemlab.co.za/courses/)