No products in the cart.
Gem Identification Made Easy explains in non-technical terms how to identify diamonds and colored gems,
and how to separate natural gems from imitations, treated stones, synthetics, and look-alikes.
Includes over 150 photographs and illustrations over 80 in full color.
Explains stone treatments, imitations, synthetics, look-alikes, and fakes in the gem market today.
- Synthetics, including synthetic emeralds and diamonds
- Filled diamonds
- Diffused “blue” sapphires and “red” rubies
- HPHT-treated diamonds
- Discover new treatments such as surface coatings to create “fancy color” diamonds.
- Know when to seek help from a professional gemologist or lab.
- Become more professional in your business.