Our most popular line of handheld digital microscopes just escalated to a new level with this amazing handheld digital microscope.
The Handheld Digital Microscope Pro from Celestron is an inexpensive microscope intended for students and hobbyists.
This USB-powered microscope has a built-in CMOS camera sensor capable of capturing still photos and videos.
5 megapixel resolution that delivers high-performance microscopy. This handheld unit is a wonderful complement for any research.
The mobile computer-powered design makes this unit at home anywhere a laptop can go.
Celestron’s Mac/Windows-compatible Micro Capture Pro software allows users to analyse, annotate, manipulate, and save the transmitted images from the digital microscope. An included USB cable also allows real-time images to be displayed on a TV or projected in a classroom.
The Celestron microscope also includes a height-adjustable stand that adds functionality. A 20-200x magnification zoom range that is suited for almost any specimen, including slides and three-dimensional objects. LED illuminators near the microscope objective provide incident lighting that is dimmable using a switch integrated with the USB cable. The built-in 5MP camera, height-adjustable stand, video output cable, and feature-rich software make this unit a well-equipped entry-level instrument for the field, classroom, or home.
- 5MP CMOS camera sensor
- Still image capture at 5MP, 3MP, 1.3MP, or 12MP (using VGA interpolation)
- Video capture at 12MP at 30fps
- 1/1000 – 1 sec shutter speed
- 50Hz and 60Hz flicker control
- USB 2.0 computer connection
- 20-200x magnification
- 15.8mm effective focal length
- 10mm to infinity manual focus range
- 13° field of view
Use and Handling
- Height-adjustable stand
- LED top illumination with adjustable brightness
- Micrometre calibration ruler included
- USB 2.0 connectivity
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 compatibility
- Mac OSX 10.6-10.7 compatibility